RIP RUNNIN & ROARIN

This is just an outlet for me, to be able to get my thoughts out! I am a Woman, Wife and Mommy that also works outside the home! Just me trying to make it all work for the best for my family and myself! Just my journey!

Monday, August 20, 2007

New training


New training... I started training at another facility today. I would call it a promotion. I am making the same money and have the same title. Now I am learning allllllllllllllllllllll about locomotives and freight. I have been trained mostly on Suburban Service (commuter trains) and cars (the coaches) and now I get to learn both about Locos and freight service. I have a lot of training to do in the next month, to make myself more marketable for the "exempt" position I so desire and know I have been promised!! I have already learned a ton from the gentleman who is training me, he is very knowledgeable and a teacher (in my opinion). I am so excited for this training I am receiving and know that it is not something that "normally" happens. I know someone even higher than our company ordered it, Thank GOD!!


I cannot even explain the way I feel, the opportunity given to me, it is unimaginable!! Let me tell you, I have been pretty much a SAHM for more than 11 years. I got to raise my own children until time for them to go to school. I could not have orchestrated this for myself. I actually started looking for a job about 1 1/2 years earlier than when one finally came through. I guess that was to early, I never got discouraged, even when I had an interview and didn't get the job with the company I am with now (it was too soon). It is so nice to rest in peace and understanding, isn't it? I started out at a position, just to get my foot in the door and the possibilities and opportunities have been endless. I am a little held back by the fact that I want to stay in my area for a time, but it hasn't held me back from my Promises!!


I guess tonight I am just in AWE of how God has worked things out and how they continue to work out for my family. I don't think I am getting my emotions or my amazement across just right. Have you ever felt like that!? Is it a great feeling or is it sometimes a feeling of frustration until you see it work through?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Chrissy! I'm glad you're enjoying your training. I see a theme with the whole 'railroad' thing in you family. I'm home on my lunch break (aren't you proud of me? I'm not eating animal crackers at my desk!) and scarfing down leftover pizza (as if that's any better.) Well, gotta run. Keep us posted on how the 'train'ing is going (I couldn't resist!)

    ReplyDelete