RIP RUNNIN & ROARIN

This is just an outlet for me, to be able to get my thoughts out! I am a Woman, Wife and Mommy that also works outside the home! Just me trying to make it all work for the best for my family and myself! Just my journey!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

20 Years Waiting - Almost 2 Years in the Making

 
I think this was a retake of a prom
A prom I wasn't able to attend
SO happy to be apart of it this time!

  I was worried, concerned, nervous, crazed, excited and overwhelmed all at the same time!
I just wanted it to go right!

Then, set-up was done early and we were waiting for classmates and guests to arrive!! 

All the worry, concern, nervousness, craziness were all unnecessary!!  The excitement was right on!  Overwhelmed changed to a different overwhelm, the kind where your just overjoyed! 

Classmates started filtering in little by little!  
a friend a I that reconnected
during the planning stages
The room went from a semi-quiet with a few busy classmates and their spouses setting up, to a room full of talkative, hugging, photographing, catching up classmates! 
Hubby and I. 
I thought we took a pretty good photo


IT WAS PERFECT!! 

I enjoyed every minute of it!  Even the first part where I was nervous, crazy, concerned and overwhelmed!

It was our first class reunion in the 20 years we have been out of high school!
The almost two years of planning was soooo worth it!  I'm so glad I didn't waste my time and my friends time planning it!!

My husband and I went to high school together and we were in the same class.  We were not high school sweethearts, but we were friends in high school!  When I saw him, having a good time and enjoying himself and catching up with classmates, I REALLY relaxed!  It was right!

The night flew! 
The bar opened a little early, as we were ready early! 
The dance floor was used WAY MORE than I expected,
they were, I mean, we were catching up and dancing at the same time,
we have always been a class of good multi-taskers
(of course that comes from being a class of  "good" procrastinators)!! 
(I'm included in both those statements)

 
I saw more classmates than I expected. 
Maybe someone said something bad or didn't like something that the reunion committee had planned or did, but I didn't hear anything............
  THAT'S HOW I'M GOING TO REMEMBER IT TOO!!

my only regret is that I didn't take my camera, I was too stressed to think about taking pictures or even taking my camera with,
I actually made the decision NOT to take it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment