RIP RUNNIN & ROARIN

This is just an outlet for me, to be able to get my thoughts out! I am a Woman, Wife and Mommy that also works outside the home! Just me trying to make it all work for the best for my family and myself! Just my journey!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Some View it As a Vacation...

A couple times of year, I am required to go out of time for my position.
My coworkers congratulate me on my "vacation" every time.  I always respond, "it's still for work and I'm stuck in the classroom all day and head directly back to the hotel room."  The guys always tell me, that it is sort of a vacation, because I am getting away from the day-to-day responsibilities.
I see things very differently! 
Although, it is time away from the day-to-day, it is time away from my day-to-day with my family!  This makes it difficult.  It is a good opportunity for me to network and learn new things that I can apply to my job and that I enjoy.  So it is a situation of good and bad.
There is such a difference in the perception of leaving for a work trip.  It is one of those that the "grass is always greener".  Until you have to do it, it looks great!
I pack and I'm excited and concerned!
I prepare the family as much as I can and it does get easier each time.....mostly because the kiddos get older and are more self-sufficient.  It appears my family is used to my leaving for work and I am not.
 I do what I do and it BY NO MEANS feels like a vacation to me!
My bags are packed by the front door, all the reservations are in place and it's time for me to leave.  I've sent the kiddos off to school this morning and I have kissed hubby  goodbye on his way out the door to work.  I have a little time to get a few more things done around the house and I grow more concerned about my leaving with every moment.  Finally, it is time for me to leave to catch my flight.  
I arrive my destination and call home to check-in, only to find that everyone is doing fine!  That's a good thing, but I miss them and can't wait for the return flight home!
It really isn't a vacation.....it's stressful and leaves my heart aching! 

REAL VACATION IS JUST AROUND THE  CORNER....I CAN'T WAIT!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a nice mom! I seriously...SERIOUSLY...don't miss or worry about my kids when I'm gone. I think something must be wrong with me. And honestly, if I had the chance to go sit in a classroom and learn stuff for my job and stay in a hotel (BY MYSELF) oh...I would be so happy!
    I think it comes from me not working as much as you. I'm only part time and I do the drop off/ pick up to school every day. And frankly, I think I need a vacation from my family. Can I come with you?!?

    ReplyDelete