RIP RUNNIN & ROARIN

This is just an outlet for me, to be able to get my thoughts out! I am a Woman, Wife and Mommy that also works outside the home! Just me trying to make it all work for the best for my family and myself! Just my journey!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ramblings

I am looking forward to having a long weekend! I haven't had time off besides my short rest days for 4 months now! I am so thankful for the people I work with and the willingness to cover for me in order to have time off. It is hard for me to believe, but they do understand, even though they are all men, how important it is for me to be a wife and mommy! I am so thankful.

There is a ton on my mind. I can't even completely organize my thoughts. I hate it when I am like that, but I do know that if I take it slow and solve one issue at a time, pretty soon I'll be back to feeling less stressed!

Report cards are coming out. The kids took the change well but their grades took a hit. This school was a little ahead of where we were. So I am being slightly lenient this time on the report cards. Change is hard. The teachers have all been good to the kids. Several of Adam's teachers even offer free tutoring, before and after school, that is so great, he will be taking more advantage of this opportunity. Then the guidance counselor introduced me to this online service where I can check on Adam's grades and homework assignments and tests and upcoming events daily and the teachers are very good about updating! Yes, I love this! Windy started taking Spanish after school once a week and she is really enjoying it, and taking the time to meet a few new friends.

Mitchell had a major melt down, his grades are good and we thought he was making friends quickly, however he really misses his buddy that moved to California the same time we made our move! He was Mitchey's best friend and Mitch doesn't have tons of friends just a couple close ones. On Sunday he told me how badly he missed his buddy and I had no idea (I knew he missed him, but not like this)! He used the whole "My life is horrible" and then fell into an all out sob. Thank God for friends I have met up with again, because I called her immediately and set up a play date! I met this friend about 7 or 8 years ago and we went to church together for quite a while and now her boy is in Mitch's class, how perfect! Make friends pumpkin!! So he has had a couple play dates already and seems to be perking up and chiming in, YES!!!!

I continue to work on different projects at work in order to be ready when it comes time for a promotion! My boss that helped me get started is now retired! He helped me a ton, gave me projects to do that he knew would be seen by the higher-ups and spoke well of me to others! It is awesome to have someone on your side, now what!?

Off to enjoy a great weekend, rain or SHINE!

2 comments:

  1. Of course, you know I'm trying to think who Mitch's new buddy could be. I'm glad he found a friend, and the change of schools has been smooth. My girls brought their grades up. Yeah! Enjoy your weekend, I know I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coworkers like that. That get it!! So happy to get a weekend to love on your family. ENJOY my friend!

    ReplyDelete